Starting a business is hard. No one really knows that until they do it themselves. There are so many things to think about and manage… and it feels like there’s never enough time in the day to get everything done.
On top of that, you’re always juggling new ideas for products or services… marketing plans… sales strategies… growth initiatives – the list goes on and on. It can be overwhelming at times, but it’s also incredibly exciting. Because at the end of the day, we’re entrepreneurs. We know there’s always 10 more things that we want to start and build and do; we thrive on challenge and innovation. Right?
Before we jump too far in, allow us to introduce ourselves…
We’re Outsourced Doers. We match time-strapped founders with pre-trained Virtual Marketing Assistants (we call them ‘Doers’). This frees up the Founder’s time to work solely on their Genius Zone – that area where they are the expert… and essentially, the money-making area of their business.
With a background in coaching entrepreneurs to reach a profitable lifestyle business, and with a mission to stop entrepreneurs from hitting burnout through providing them with the support they need… we consider Outsourcing to be OUR Genius Zone.
Now, if you’re anything like the Founders who come to us, looking for help but hesitant to hire a full time Virtual Marketing Assistant… you might be thinking that you don’t have enough tasks to justify this outsourcing route.
Now, we have worked with thousands of founders since we began our outsourcing business in 2020… and a common train of thought is this:
“What if I run out of things to give my Doer? What will happen then? What will they do?”
This is a common thought, but it’s not true! There are plenty of things that you can do to fill your Doer’s time. In fact, we commonly find that once our Founders get the ball rolling and find their strive with their Doer, their Doers are swamped with work! (This has led to many of our Founders hiring a second Doer! But that’s a story for another day 😉
Here are three reasons why a full time Virtual Assistant is what you’re after if you want to be a successful entrepreneur.
Social Media Management
Social media management is the task of overseeing a business’s social media presence. This can include such tasks as:
- Setting up social profiles
- Designing and uploading content
- Setting up automated social media posting tools
- Conducting competitor analysis’
- Drafting 90-day social media plans
- Collating quotes
- Designing and sourcing images
- Caption cessation
- Hashtag research
- Reporting and making recommendations based on findings
- Content syndication (for instance… taking videos from courses or content from blogs, and turning this into social media content. This is great for utilising all your assets to their fullest potential!)
- Scheduling content
- Moderating comments
- Engaging with the community
While it may seem like a simple task…
Social media management is time-consuming and requires a hands-on approach.
A good social media manager will have a strong understanding of the organisation’s goals and objectives.
The manager will also need to consistently build relationships with followers.
They can do this through engaging in conversations. With so many different elements to consider…
It’s easy to see how social media management alone involves hours of work.
Creating a high-converting landing page is critical for successful digital marketing campaigns. But what exactly goes into creating a high-converting landing page?
Here’s just SOME of the necessary tasks for building a winning landing page funnel:
- Set up your funnel and build your landing pages
- Integrate your funnel with payment processor and CRM / email tools
- Design your landing page. This includes applying brand colours, images, testimonials, videos, fonts and CTA links to the landing pages.
- Integrate landing pages with automated nurtures
- Add products to landing pages
- Test the funnel
- Update and edit landing pages
- Report on landing page conversion rates (including emails, conversions, clicks, consults…)
- Build and launch other funnels
These tasks are tedious and involve a lot of tech skills… which a Doer is highly trained in.
By incorporating these tasks into your marketing plan… you’ll be well on your way to creating a high-converting landing page.
This will help you achieve your online marketing goals.
As a business, it’s becoming more and more important to have all of your data in one place that can be easily accessed and analysed. That’s where data entry comes in. Data entry is the task of taking data from one source and inputting it into a computer system. This can include:
- Transcribing handwritten notes
- Converting paper documents into digital files
- Or entering information into databases.
While it may seem like a simple task…
Data entry is essential for keeping businesses organised and running smoothly. When done accurately and efficiently, data entry can help businesses save time and money.
As you can imagine, this task is very time consuming, and requires attention to detail and strong focus… something that you can outsource to a Doer with confidence.
Another high-tech task is email marketing. While many Founders either avoid this task due to the high volume of tech involved, or spend hours on tech (which is wasted time as it’s time spent outside of your Genius Zone)… at the end of the day, email marketing is your best friend if you want to scale and build strong relationships with your clients and prospects.
Here are some of the critical tasks involved in email marketing:
- Set up your autoresponder
- Created the automated nurture
- Upload your contacts
- Scheduling emails
- Editing email copy in the nurture
- Segmenting contacts and creating specified lists
- Creating reports and dashboards based on data